Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Trailer Backstory - Individual



So, today we have been tasked with generating a solid individual backstory for our trailer. What do I mean? Well, basically, we need to express our ideas through the use of creative thinking and writing, for a logical guy like myself, this should test my creative senses, and allow me to expand my understanding of story structure in the gaming environment.  The backstory isn't just what will happen in the game on a story standpoint, in my personal opinion it has to represent elements of everything, setitng the scene and hitting the following points in order to assure that the planing stage for the trailer covers everything we wil be doing this year.

Mind-Map of Trailer Back-Story



















Points to cover:

- Sound, ambience is just as important as the visiual representation. It somes cases it tells a story itself, the back mysic helps the mood and sets the physics of the scene. For this I will consider some more fitting music for my trailer, by looking at other trailers of similar build and taking examples.

- Visuals are vital. Music tells the story but without the visualisation it will nothing more than a CD track, visuals provide many attributes to the scene, such as telling a story through actions, and expressions.

- Narrative. Look at Skyrim trailer, basic, simple. The voice over does the most to set this scene I think, it gives a general approach to the story, sets the environment, it is from this, I believe included an narrative overlay would benefit ther trailer. However the narrative, overlay would have to be the sound of characters speaking, working along as it was a movie, this would benefit the scene well.

No comments:

Post a Comment